Thank you to our British Science Week 2020 partners
British Science Week is an annual celebration of science, technology, engineering and maths that features a range of fascinating, entertaining and engaging national, regional and local events across the UK. The campaign provides a platform to stimulate and support teachers, STEM professionals, science communicators and the general public to produce and participate in STEM events and activities across the UK.
Last year, over 2,300 events, reaching nearly 1 million participants, took place across the UK. We also generate a large volume of media coverage and social media exposure.
With thanks to the following partners and supporters, we hope that British Science Week 2020 will be bigger and better than ever.
|British Science Week is supported by UK Research & Innovation (UKRI), which is the agency that brings together the seven Research Councils, Innovate UK and Research England.Funding from UKRI enables the BSA to deliver the core British Science Week activity; large grassroots campaign that aims to reach a diverse range of audiences, including those from disadvantaged communities and people who would not usually engage in science.|
|3M is partnering with the British Science Association on a new campaign to challenge stereotypes in science; using British Science Week as a platform to highlight the diversity of jobs within the STEM sector and the diverse range of people who work in science.
We will be sharing stories of 3M employees, and crowd sourcing content across our social media channels, across the Week.
|Amazon is the schools’ partner for British Science Week 2020, supporting the activity packs and poster competition. Amazon offers public tours of its fulfilment centres in several locations in England and Scotland. In addition, Amazon, in partnership with Fire Tech Camps and the BSA, has developed a new workshop aimed at sparking students’ interest in computer science. The Future Engineer workshops are available at eight sites across the UK and are accredited at CREST Discovery level, while its ‘Camp Amazon’ workshops are accredited at CREST SuperStar level.|
|We are delighted to be partnering once again with Guinness World Records, who are aiming to inspire thousands of students to participate in the annual poster competition, which is this year themed around ‘Our diverse planet’.|
|Bayer is helping to inspire the next generation of scientists and strengthen the UK STEM talent pool through a variety of interactive workshops at their free science laboratory, Baylab.|
Activity Pack partners
We are grateful to the following organisations for their support this year in bringing our popular activity packs to life:
We have a range of partnership opportunities available for British Science Week 2020 and beyond. These include:
- Headline sponsorship of the Week (i.e. British Science Week in association with…’);
- A range of partnership levels, enabling you to support activities that reach your target audiences through support the core campaign into schools and/ or communities; and/or
- Sponsorship of particular highlight activity or component of the Week’s celebrations: for instance the Poster Competition (last year over 20,000 students entered).
- Fantastic branding opportunities, print and online (on activity packs, marketing collateral and promotional materials);
- Promotion via our digital and social media channels;
- Employee engagement through participation in events and activities;
- Association with a powerful and respected brand; and
- The opportunity to reach a range of audiences.
For more information on how to support British Science Week please contact Giorgio D’Agostaro in the British Science Association’s Development Team.