British Science Week grants
Thanks to the support of UK Research and Innovation, every year we offer two grant schemes to support British Science Week events and activities: one for schools and one for community groups.
This scheme offers grants for schools in challenging circumstances to enable them to organise their own events as part of British Science Week. There are four options available:
- Kick Start Grant: A grant of £300 for your school to run an activity during British Science Week.
- Kick Start Youth Grant: A grant of £150 for students aged 10-19 at your school to organise and deliver an activity during British Science Week.
- Kick Start More Grant: A grant of £700 for your school to host a science event or activity that involves your students and the local community.
- Kick Start Grant + Youth Grant: A combined grant of £450 for your school to run an activity during British Science and an additional activity organised and delivered by students aged 10-19.
This scheme offers grants of £500 and £1000 for community groups working directly with audiences that are traditionally underrepresented and not engaged in science activity.
- £500 grants to run one or more events during British Science Week
- £1000 grants to run one or more events during British Science Week, as well as either preparatory or follow-up activities that will lead to continued engagement beyond British Science Week.
These audiences include:
- people from ethnic minority backgrounds
- people living in communities which face deprivation, including people disadvantaged in terms of education and income
- people with a disability or long-term health condition
- people living in a remote and rural location, defined as settlements of less than 10,000 people
- girls and women.