Applications for British Science Week 2020 are now closed.
There are two grant schemes available to support British Science Week (6-15 March 2020) activities: one for schools and one for community groups.
The deadline for applications was 5pm, 11 November 2019.
We cannot consider applications received after this date.
This scheme offers grants for schools in challenging circumstances to organise their own events as part of British Science Week. There are four options available:
- Kick Start Youth grant: A grant of £150 for your school to run an activity organised by students aged 10-19
- Kick Start grant: A grant of £300 for your school to run an activity for students at your school
- Kick Start More grant: A grant of £700 for your school to run an activity which involves your students and the local community
- NEW! Kick Start grant + Youth grant: A grant of £450 for your school to run an activity for British Science Week as well as an additional activity organised and delivered by students aged 10-19
Find out more and apply here.
This scheme offers £500 to £1000 grants for community groups that work directly with audiences who are traditionally under-represented and currently not engaged in science activity. Our definition of groups that are underrepresented in science includes:
- people from ethnic minorities
- people with low socio-economic status, including people disadvantaged in terms of education and income
- people with a physical or mental condition or impairment
- people living in a remote and rural location, defined as settlements of less than 10,000 people
- girls and women