Applications for BSW 2017 grants will open in October 2016.
This scheme offers £500-1000 grants for community groups that work directly with audiences who are traditionally under-represented and currently not engaged in science activity. Our definition of groups that are underrepresented in science includes:
- people who are Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME)
- people with low socio economic status (SES)
- young people with anti-social behaviour, including those not in education, employment or training (NEET)
- people with a disability, defined as a physical or mental impairment that has a substantial and long-term effect on someone’s ability to do normal daily activities (Equalities Act 2010)
- girls and women
- people living in a remote and rural location
This scheme is open to BSA volunteer branches only.