We’re delighted to partner with Bloomsbury Children’s Books on a giveaway of their brand new book, ‘How To Spaghettify Your Dog: and other science secrets of the universe‘!
We’ve got five copies up for grabs, so why not enter and win one for your school library?!
‘How to Spaghettify Your Dog’ is suitable for children aged 9+ and is the must-have book for all budding physicists. Explore the amazing secrets the cosmos has to offer and take your very own journey through space, enjoying a giggle and easy-to-follow experiments along the way. If you’ve ever wondered if you’d survive a black hole, or what would happen if the Earth stopped spinning, then this is for you…
How to enter!
All you need to do to be in with a chance to win a book for your chosen school is:
The closing date for entries is 9:00am, Tuesday 1 August 2023.
Read the full Terms and Conditions below. This competition is only open to entrants in the UK.
The book, by former physics teacher and UKLA longlisted author Hiba Noor Khan, is bursting with fascinating physics facts that will explain everything you want to know and more, featuring eye-catching illustrations by Waterstones Book Prize winner Harry Woodgate.
Terms and conditions
- No purchase is necessary to enter the giveaway.
- This giveaway is open to UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) residents, applying on behalf of a school, aged 18 years or over.
- The competition closes on must be received by 09:00 AM GMT on 1 August 2023. Entries received after this period will not be counted.
- To enter the giveaway, entrants will need to meet the following criteria
- Follow @BritishScienceAssociation on Instagram
- Follow @BloomsburyChildrens on Instagram
- Like the giveaway announcement post
- Five winners will be selected at random from all complete, correct, and eligible entries received by the closing date. The winner will be notified by 4 August 2023 via Instagram message. The winner must claim their prize by 11 August 2023 (7 days). If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the British Science Association reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- The giveaway prize is x 1 copy of the ‘How to Spaghettify Your Dog’ children’s book which will be posted to a nominated school of the winner. There are five books to win and each winner may only receive one book.
- The prizes will be posted to the winners in the first week of September 2023, to align with schools reopening.
- If more than one winner nominates the same school, the British Science Association will ask the winners chosen after the first winner to nominate a different school. If the other winners cannot nominate a different school, the British Science Association will select further entrants, by random, to ensure each of the five books are won by different schools.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the British Science Association reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes (b) in exceptional circumstances, to amend or foreclose the giveaway without notice.
- The British Science Association will use any data submitted by entrants only for the purposes of running the giveaway unless otherwise stated in the entry details. By entering this giveaway, all entrants are confirming that they understand that their data will be used by the British Science Association for the purposes of the administration of this giveaway and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
- This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.
- By entering this giveaway each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.