Applications for British Science Week 2019 are now closed.
The British Science Association, with funding from the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, is providing grants for schools in challenging circumstances to organise their own science and engineering events.
There are three types of grant:
- Kick Start grant: a grant of £300 for your school to run an activity during British Science Week
- Kick Start More grant: a grant of £700 for your school to host a science event or activity which involves your students and the local community. The community can comprise of families/carers, members of local community groups, local businesses and local press
- Kick Start Youth grant: a grant of £150 for your school to run an activity during British Science Week organised and delivered by students
The type of activity you run is up to you and depends on your own priorities and the resources at your disposal.
To be eligible to apply:
You must be a state funded school in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland. We cannot accept applications from non-school organisations or from private schools.
Your school must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Have a high proportion (over 30%) of pupils eligible for the pupil premium or equivalent;
- Have a high proportion (over 30%) of pupils from ethnic minority backgrounds; and/or
- Be a small school based in a remote and rural location.*
Download the guidelines British Science Week 2019 Kick Start Grant Guidelines
All applications must be submitted using the online form. We cannot consider applications sent by email.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications was 5pm, 12 November 2018.
We cannot consider applications received after this date.