Thank you to our British Science Week 2019 partners
British Science Week is an annual celebration of science, technology, engineering and maths that features a range of fascinating, entertaining and engaging national, regional and local events across the UK. The campaign provides a platform to stimulate and support teachers, STEM professionals, science communicators and the general public to produce and participate in STEM events and activities across the UK.
Last year, over 2.30 events, reaching nearly 1 million participants, took place across the UK. We also generate a large volume of media coverage and social media exposure.
With thanks to the following partners and supporters, British Science Week 2019 is shaping up to be bigger and better than ever.
British Science Week is supported by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, enabling us to deliver this large grassroots campaign that aims to position science as a fundamental part of culture and society, and reaches a diverse range of audiences, including those from disadvantaged communities and people who would not usually engage in science activities.
Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the opening of the tunnel the British Science Association has partnered with EuroTunnel for 2019, with the aim of sharing knowledge about this ambitious engineering project with new audiences. Kicking off with British Science Week, EuroTunnel resources feature in all British Science Week activity packs, with activities relating to rock layering, tunnels & signals and speed. Keep an eye out for more EuroTunnel activity later in 2019.
Activity Pack Supporters
We are grateful for the support of the following organisations who are partnering on this year’s British Science Week activity packs.
We have a range of partnership opportunities for corporate partners these include:
- Headline sponsorship of British Science Week;
- Associate sponsorship, targeting particular audiences through support of our schools programme or live events programme;
- Sponsorship of particular highlight activity or component of the Week’s celebrations: for instance the Poster Competition (last year over 20,000 students entered), our virtual race and live 10k series ‘Run the,,,’, or Behind the Scenes of British Science (showcasing the amazing and fantastic science, technology and engineering that takes place all over the UK).
- Fantastic branding opportunities, print and online (on activity packs, marketing collateral and promotional materials)
- Promotion via our digital and social media channels
- Employee engagement through participation in events and activities
- Association with a powerful and respected brand
- The opportunity to reach a range of audiences.
For more information on how to support British Science Week please contact Giorgio D’Agostaro in the British Science Association’s Development Team.