Thank you to our British Science Week 2018 partners and sponsors
British Science Week is an annual celebration of science, technology, engineering and maths that features a range of fascinating, entertaining and engaging national, regional and local events across the UK. The campaign provides a platform to stimulate and support teachers, STEM professionals, science communicators and the general public to produce and participate in STEM events and activities across the UK.
Last year, over 2.30 events, reaching nearly 1 million participants, took place across the UK. We also generate a large volume of media coverage and social media exposure.
With thanks to the following partners and supporters, British Science Week 2018 is shaping up to be bigger and better than ever.
British Science Week is supported by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, enabling us to deliver this large grassroots campaign that aims to position science as a fundamental part of culture and society, and reaches a diverse range of audiences, including those from disadvantaged communities and people who would not usually engage in science activities.
This British Science Week, 3M is working with the British Science Association to showcase innovation and science in our everyday life through a series of activities across the UK.
We are delighted to be once again partnering with Penguin UK’s Puffin imprint, following the success of our George’s Marvellous Experiments partnership last year. This year, Puffin will be publishing a special companion book to James and the Giant Peach, all about bugs. You will be able to preview some of the experiments in our 2018 activity packs.
Competitions and prizes
We are also able to offer a range of prizes (for Poster Competition winners) and incentives (to encourage schools to pledge events and share their activities with us via social media) thanks to the following partners:
We have a range of partnership opportunities for corporate partners these include:
- Headline sponsorship of British Science Week;
- Associate sponsorship, targeting particular audiences through support of our schools programme or live events programme;
- Sponsorship of particular highlight activity or component of the Week’s celebrations: for instance the Poster Competition (last year over 20,000 students entered), our virtual race and live 10k series ‘Run the,,,’, or Behind the Scenes of British Science (showcasing the amazing and fantastic science, technology and engineering that takes place all over the UK).
- Fantastic branding opportunities, print and online (on activity packs, marketing collateral and promotional materials)
- Promotion via our digital and social media channels
- Employee engagement through participation in events and activities
- Association with a powerful and respected brand
- The opportunity to reach a range of audiences.
For more information on how to support British Science Week please contact Giorgio D’Agostaro in the British Science Association’s Development Team.